Several months back I attended the Natural Hair Freedom Brunch in Atlanta and received a gift bag with several different hair and body product samples. To be perfectly honest I am over swag bags, I don’t need any more products and I usually toss them in a bin of stuff I give away to friends and family or use on vacation. While packing for one of my trips I wanted to take a travel size hair moisturizer with me and I grabbed Iyoba Organic Curl Cream. I had no expectations with this product; it was water based (moisturizing) and contained shea butter (sealing) and that was all I needed it to do. After cracking this bad boy open I was presently surprised by its performance.
$12 / 4 oz jar
ing: spring water, irish moss, organic flax seed, oils of castor, meadowfoam seed, olive, organic shea butter, essential oils, peace and love.
I am not a real lover of curl creams. I really only use them when twisting my hair which I have not done in months really. My hair loves snotty mucilage gel for wash n gos and that is really where my heart lies as far as products go. We know that all curl creams are not created equal. For me to be a great curl cream it must be moisturizing, set and seal the curls, but not be too butter heavy. This Iyoba Organic Curl Cream is the stuff other curl creams aspire to be.
5 Reasons I Loved This Product
- It smells really good, the light sweet-citrusy smell reminds me of lemon cake but not overwhelming.
- It provides lasting moisture. I used this to style my hair into a puff and to put in some jumbo twists. My hair was so very soft I couldn’t stop touching it.
- The product seals the hair without leaving it feeling oily or coated.
- It has a bit of slip to it which is surprising. You can add this to dry hair after spritzing with a bit of water and lightly separate and detangle the hair.
- It actually defined my curls; not as well as a gel, but better than any other curl creme ever has.
I only received a small 2 ounce sample and I actually went to the website interested in ordering. The pricing had me rethinking my intentions. As much as I liked the product I am not paying $12 for 4 ounces, I will however keep an eye out for a sale. After skimming the ingredients list I have to say the reason this product is so great is the irish moss. It is the only ingredient I have not had much experience with and I will be doing further research on products containing irish moss as well as adding it to my DIY projects and keep you posted.