$24 for 16 fl oz
Available at Curl Junkie, Curl Mart, AveYou
ing: WATER/AQUA/EAU, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, DEHYDROXANTHAN GUM, ACACIA GUM, XANTHAN GUM, HIBISCUS EXTRACT, CAMELIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) LEAF EXTRACT, PANTHENOL, SORBITOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, FRAGRANCE/PARFUM, LIMONENE*, LINALOOL*, CITRONELLOL*, BENZYL SALICYLATE*, TETRASODIUM EDTA. *FRAGRANCE COMPONENTS.
Curl Junkie released Pattern Pusha gel a few years ago and throughout that time it has gone through a couple formulations. I believe I have used to second and the third formulations both in the pump bottles (the third being the most recent). This is a light hold styling gel that works great as a curl enhancer. The formula is glycerin, protein and aloe free and is surprisingly effective and versatile for all curl types. The gel consistency is pretty thick which is understandable considering it is made up of a combo of jellies and thickeners.
5 Things I Love About This Product
- Fabulous definer. It works really well to define my curls. I use my fav leave-in Kinky Curly Knot Today underneath most the time but tried a creamy leave-in too and it worked well. I believe the exclusion of glycerin makes the gel easy to get along with most leave-ins.
- Lovely scent. The product smells of a sweet floral scent, very pleasant.
- Light hold. I do not like heavy hold gels they are just gross to me. I know gelcast is important for lasting curl definition but I don’t want crunchy hair. This gel offers a light-hold for my hair and no excessive crunch.
- I use this gel mostly while on vacation and it holds up in high humidity and keeps down the frizz.
- It also contains great botanical ingredients of Slippery Elm Bark and Green Tea Leaf
So what is the downside? Well the lighthold formula is a gift and a curse. I can *barely* get two day hair with this product. On vacation this doesn’t mean much as I am either in a pool or the ocean daily so I am constantly washing my hair anyway. But for regular use I would prefer a product with a lower price point if I am going to reapply daily (this gel runs about $1.50 per ounce). I would purchase this again if it was on sale, but I am looking toward buying less boutique products online and more available on the ground in stores. Pattern Pusha is a nice gel to keep in your curl arsenal and if you are looking for an aloe free gel that provides great curl enhancement this is the gel of your dreams.