Life happens and I don’t post as often as I would like to. My drafts folder is a hot mess of reviews and articles I never finished. Sometimes it is quicker to just post a picture and comment on facebook or instagram than it is to write a blog post. But I am taking a tip from my boy Jor-El over at ManeManBlog and going to include a weekly recap. This is something I can definitely commit to. This will be a combination of sales, dope styles, hot topics and whatever else has caught my eye this week.
Upcoming Review: TreLuxe Hi! Definition Curl Enhancer
Spoiler alert: I loved it. My hair + mucilage gels = happy Haley. I was able to get four day hair with the TreLuxe Hi Definition Curl Enhancer. I probably could have went longer but I work out 6 of 7 days and going four days without washing is super gross. But man did my hair look good.
Natural News: Electric Lady x Janelle Monae
As if I needed another reason to love Janelle, this video is giving me all of my life. I simply adore her and that HAIRRRRRRR. I am gonna learn that step they do in this video, if you see it online somewhere link me. Also if you haven’t purchased her album do yourself a favor and cop that.
What’s the deal-io?
Jessicurl 20% off all 8 oz products with code SUMMER14 includes Int’l orders thru 8/2
Komaza Care 30% off Aloe My Hair product line no coupon code required.
There have been lots of things going on in the natural hair world, fall has been kicked off in a major way. And while we are thinking of pumpkins, scarves and autumn hues let me put a little spring twinkle in your eye.
Saturday April 6th 2013, Return of the Curls is coming to Louisville, KY and it will be hosted by your’s truly. I am so geeked [insert roger rabbit here] For more info on this event check out Return of the Curls website, fb, twitter and instagram. *save the date*
In other news, can we get a handclap for the FABULOUS Tarin Boone? I was thrilled to attend Fro Fashion Week Fall 2012 (recap forthcoming) but I can tell you that it was hands down the best natural hair event I have ever attended. The event also celebrated Jessicurl’s 10 year anniversary!
What’s the Deal-i-o
Happy Fall Everyone. Here’s what’s going down in the Natural Hair Community this week! This week is the official 4TH SEASON of Fro Fashion Week and I am excited to announce that I will be attending for the first time. So much to do and see as there will be workshops, vendors, meeting with old and new curlfriends and of course the famous Penthouse Party!
If you cannot make it out to Atlanta this weekend well, next weekend is the Taliah Waajid Fall World Natural Hair Show. I have attended this event many times and it never disappoints. A lot of great deals on natural hair products, tools and apparel along with a fashion show, hair battles and educational classes.
Deals, Deals, Deals
- Eden Body Works 30% OFF on your hair goodies thru 9/30 with code: YTTCC
- Kynx Save $3.00 at Rite Aid stores thru 9/30
- Herbal Essence and Aussie hair care products only $0.50 at Walgreens, check out mojosavings for details.
- CurlKit is teaming up with Hair’s A Cure and going pink for the month of October. 10% of October sales will go to breast cancer research and October will feature an all pink curl kit.
- LACE Natural Introducing a new product Ease Leave-In Conditioner. Save 15% off purchase with code: EASE0912 thru 9/29
- Sarenzo Bath & Body 5 for $20 Sale use code: 5/$20 thru 9/30
And I have actually been posting up vids to my YouTube channel as I said I would. The vids have been coinciding with blog posts so that you can get the content however you like it print or video so please subscribe, rate and comment.
I’m out of here y’all making my way down to ATL. For more info on what is going on in the natural hair community follow me on twitter and Like us on Facebook.
Hey lovelies here is a snapshot of what is going on in the natural hair community
If you are in the DMV you have to check out the Koils By Nature Natural Is Not A Fad Event. I am dying to go to the event but my funds say otherwise. It is on my list for next year though! This event features many heavy hitters in the natural hair community like stylist Camille Reed, Author Dr. Phoenyx Austin, Aevin Dugas & Nina Ellis Harvey aka Beautiful Brown Baby Doll! For more info check out link.
YTer Kimmaytube released her Luv Naturals product line. I am so proud to see her dreams come to fruition. Once this no-buy is over I will be snatching up a bottle of the Love Me & Leave Me In Conditioner.
I have had my eye on this e-book Hair Gone Wild! Recipes & Remedies for Natural Tresses by Diane Kidman. Guess I will have to request an e-reader for my birthday as all these great e-books are becoming available.
Kynx Hair Care products are now in Target & Rite Aid stores. Click this link to see which Target stores. Or shop Kynx @ Rite Aid and save $3.00 instantly no coupon required thru September 30th 2012.
Awesome sale from Naturally the Store! All items in store are $5 $10 or $15 including products from Pura Body Naturals, Jessicurl, Curls and Jane Carter Solution.
Afroveda having a FLASH SALE! Spend $25, SAVE 25% now until Friday, Sept. 14 at midnight CST. Coupon Code: AV25FLASH.
I am committing myself to actually posting up vids to my YouTube channel regularly. You would be shocked at how many videos are just sitting on my computer waiting to be edited and posted. I am going to put up at least one video a week so please subscribe, rate and comment.
That’s all I’ve got, but if you hear of anything else please leave a comment below. For more info on what is going on in the natural hair community follow me on twitter and Like us on Facebook.
Hey lovelies there are a lot of things happening around the natural hair community. To keep up with what is going on make sure you follow @DerbyCityNat on twitter and like Derby City Naturals on fb but here are a few items of interest I wanted to bring to your attention.
- via stlmommy.com Buy 2 TRESemme shampoos and/or conditioners (25 to 32 oz bottles) at Walgreens for $1.37 each.
- via Iconic Cutz Interview with world-renown stylist Felicia Leatherwood about how she got started, her celebrity clientele, regrowing edges, suggestions on going natural, caring for locs, and product recommendations.
- via Amazon Coils & Curls The Hair Product Handbook by Nicole Harmon is available for FREE download for your Kindle on Amazon.com thru 8/29.
- via Miami Herald The natural hair movement explosion in south Florida with a great picture featuring Simone Hilton of Natural Trendsetters
- via The Naturally Beautiful blog 7 Styles Challenge and Shrinkage Challenge hosted by Glam Squad Promotions. You could win up to $300 in prizes from beauty sponsors.
- via Fro Fashion Week Labor Day Sale! Save 25% on tickets to Fro Fashion Week with coupon code: glamourgirls
- via Cara B Naturally For a limited time Cara B Naturally products are BOGO 50% off at participating Walgreens. If you live in Louisville, KY you can find these products in Walgreens stores in the West End on Broadway and Dixie Highway.