$9.99 / 6 oz
Available at SheaMoisture.com, Target, Walgreens
ing: Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hibiscus Flower Extract, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Centrimonium Chloride, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Sorbitol Esters, Panthenol (Pro-Vitmain B-5), Caprylyl Glycol, Citrus Medica Limonium, Citrus Aurantifolia, Jasminium Officinale, Slippery Elm Extract, Proprietary Essential Oil Blend, Tocopherol (Vitamin E) *Certified Organic Ingredient
This product is from the SheaMoisture kids line and while it is similar to the Curl Enhancing Smoothie, it is not the same product. When SheaMoisture burst on the scene many years ago I purchased the CES to use as a styler and twist cream. This was when I learned my hair did not like creams to use as wash n go stylers and that heavy butter products were too heavy for my hair. My hair is very mucilage loving. Snotty, slimy components of aloe, okra, flaxseed, as well as herbs of Irish Moss, Slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root, Blue Malva and Burdock Root are all components of my favorite hair products. If you glance the ingredient list of the CES as compared to CBC you will see the difference is Slippery Elm and Marshmallow extracts. While these herbs may be small components their presence makes a huge difference.
5 Things I Love About This Product
- It has a light coconut scent. SheaMoisture products are known for their sweet, heavy scents. Me personally I am not a fan of heavily scented products so I much prefer the softness of this scent.
- It is a cream-gel hybrid, a true pudding. It works well as a moisturizing styler and is amazing as a twist cream. It is great for setting twists or braids for the perfect out style.
- It packs a punch. You know when you read the directions and it lists to use a dime or nickel sized amount? Well you really only need a small amount of the CBC to moisturize your hair. In fact I use a nickel size amount for each quarter of my hair.
- It is widely available. So many of the products I like are available online only or if they are in stores they are not in the market where I live. This product is available throughout the US in a variety of retailers.
- While it is marketed for children, it is actually ideal fine, thin, or medium to low porosity hair.
I’ve been using this product a lot more the past few months. In fact I kind of forgot about it and how much I loved it until my more recent travels. When traveling it is important to pack light and I try to use products that serve multiple purposes. I use this as a leave-in, styler and sealant all in one. Also the small six ounce size makes it easy to store away. To use, I normally start with dry hair and spritz lightly with water. I section my head into quadrants and use a fingertip full on each section. Lightly comb or brush through the section then style into three to four twists or braids. In the morning I release and separate the braids or twists for a fabulous out style. Boom.