Camille Rose is [re] launching their Curl Maker product and they are celebrating with a party on InstaGram. Saturday 9/20 from 8 – 8 EST they will give away a full bottle of Curl Maker every hour! Follow them on IG @CamilleRoseNaturals and while you’re there follow me too @HereIsMySpout
Summer is firmly here and we have all had an awesome time traveling, vacationing, spending time at the lake or checking out an outdoor concert. And while we may be rocking a wash-n-go and living care free there are some things we cannot just ignore: our skin.
During the summer we are susceptible to bug bites, sunburn, dry skin (depending on climate), sweat and of course the dreaded breakouts. Luckily we’ve talked about good skin care before and I supplied some great tips from my Aesthetician Tracie. To keep your fabulous summer glow it is important that you exfoliate and Shea Moisture has an awesome line of body scrubs that will do the trick.
They have 5 awesome products to choose from
- Organic Olive & Green Tea – With a high content of healing Vitamin E and fatty acids, Olive Butter helps hydrate, repair and heal skin. Rich in powerful anti-oxidants and vitamins, Green Tea and Avocado protect skin and help regenerate skin cells.
- Organic Red Bush & Sage – Rich in alpha hydroxyl acid and zinc, Red Bush helps exfoliate and heal skin, while Sage’s anti-bacterial properties calm and balance skin.
- Organic Argan Oil & Raw Shea – Argan Oil hydrates and repairs dry skin thanks to its high content of Vitamin E. Frankincense & Myrrh offer anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that aid in healing dry, cracked skin.
- Organic Lavender & Wild Orchid – Combining the calming and soothing effects of Lavender with the restorative properties of Orchid Extract, this nourishing scrub also hydrates and heals.
- Organic Lemongrass & Ginger – This purifying and uplifting scrub uses Lemongrass to help balance skin and Ginger to relive joint stiffness and muscular pain, and improve circulation.
And after you exfoliate and cleanse you want to make sure you lotion up to keep that skin soft and moisturized. Luckily for us each body scrub has a body lotion in a complimentary scent. Products are available at your local Target, Walmart and Walgreens stores.
We are making this one super easy for you. It’s hot outside and who couldn’t use more fans? Become a fan of Derby City Naturals and Shea Moisture using the links below, then leave a comment letting me know your fb name and twitter handle used to follow.
- Like Shea Moisture on facebook
- Follow Shea Moisture @SheaMoisture4u on twitter
- Like Derby CIty Naturals on facebook
- Follow Derby City Naturals @DerbyCityNat on twitter
Giveaway is open to US residents only. Giveaway begins Tuesday 7/30/2013 runs through Friday 8/2/2013. You must like and follow the pages listed above to be eligible. Maximum number of contest entries is 1 (one), additional comments or tweets will not count for multiple entries. Winner will be notified via email used to leave comment and/or twitter or facebook. Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize else it will be forfeit and a new winner selected.
Giveaway prizes are provided by Shea Moisture and handled by J9PR. I was not paid to do this review and all opinions are my own.
Happy International Natural Hair Meetup Day, everyone! Today is the day that naturals from around the world will celebrate their decision to return to their roots and wear their hair natural. Kudos to everyone who has made that decision and those who are still working on it.
I am all set to host the Louisville, KY INHMD event tonite at 6:30 pm we are going to have a blast! One of our esteemed sponsors mainelement:love is hosting an Instagram giveaway for free products and it is easy to enter.
- Take a photo with your INHMD coupon code.
- Post the photo on Instagram with the hashtag #mainelementlove
- Tag the photo with @mainelementlove
That is it! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @HereIsMySpout. This is my personal ig acct so I post hair pics along with other random musings I have found.
That’s me getting jazzy for my birthday with my curlfriends Brittany and Tracie at JazzyBlu nightclub. My actual birthday is Christmas Eve which means no one is ever available to celebrate on the day of, so this year I am doing a 10 day celebration which started Friday 12/14 with the last poetry set for 30 Something Entertainment. I will be doing a full video on my hair which was on point, so check out my youtube page.
I am so pleased to announce that the lovely ladies at Amazing Botanicals are sponsoring a giveaway on Derby City Naturals Facebook Page! To enter the giveaway is simple:
- Like both Derby City Naturals and Amazing Botanicals fb pages
- Go to this picture and share it on your personal FB wall > on.fb.me/UWZnoZ
- Leave a comment on the picture stating that you want to win.
Up for grabs are TWO (2) kits containing Amazing Botanicals products. Each kit contains the following: Aloe Mint Spray, Hibiscus Hair Gel, Pumpkin Hair Pomade and a microfiber towel. Contest begins Friday 12/13 ends Thursday 12/20 11:59 pm. Good Luck!
Deals, Deals, Deals
- Buddha Balm is having a 10% off + free shipping sale on their website. Check out my review to get the low-down on the awesomeness of kissably soft lips.
- Marie Dean is having a Pre-Xmas Sale ~ 25% off your entire purchase thru 12/24 with code: PREXMAS25
- CurlKit I got my first curlkit and made an unboxing video. The December box is all sold out however you can order the January box. Use my referral link to receive 10% off your first order > go.referralcandy.com/share/M4S6C6F
- Thank God I’m Natural is offering FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on all orders with no minimum order.
Product Swap + Ice Skating Event this will be our last event for the year and is open to everyone so feel free to bring friends and family. We will be ice skating at the 4th Street Live artificial ice rink $5 adults and $3 kids. We will also have a product swap, Q & A Session and of course there will be giveaways.
Return of the Curls is coming to Louisville, KY Saturday April 6th 2013 and will be hosted by yours truly. This event is going to awesome + amazing so Save the Date.
Follow me on YouTube, facebook, and twitter to stay in touch in between blog posts.
Lastly please continue to pray for Dawnyelle Partee’s family and support them if you can.
Okay friends this is a super quick and easy giveaway only for facebook. Derby City Naturals is celebrating hitting 4k Likes and Entwine Naturalle Couture hitting 28k Likes on facebook. So as a little thank you here is the giveaway details.
- Like Derby City Naturals on facebook
- Like Entwine Naturalle Couture on facbook
- Write “Derby City Naturals sent me” on Entwine Naturalle Couture’s facebook wall.
This giveaway runs thru 11:59 pm tonight, 10/4/2012. Winners will be selected from entries on Entwine’s page. No purchase necessary. And of course, you must have a facebook profile to enter. Spread the word, tell a friend, good luck and thank you for supporting!
Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays! Fireworks, BBQ, watermelon, family & friends; what could be more awesome? Well sales on your favorite natural hair products can’t hurt! Check out these awesome deals:
- 15% off all items storewide coupon code: JULY4
- BOGO Free on all Curls and Beautiful Curls Products (2nd item must be of equal or lesser value)
SPECIAL GIVEAWAY FROM NOUNOU’S BOUTIQUE
1 follower of Derby City Naturals
will win their choice of one (1) Curls product and (1) Beautiful Curls Product.
To enter this giveaway:
- Like both Derby City Naturals and Nounou’s Boutique on FB
- Visit Nounou’s Boutique website and select one product from Curls and Beautiful Curls you would like to win. Leave a comment stating which two products you selected.
- Bonus Entry #1: Share this post on facebook (click the share icon below) leave a comment stating “I shared this on fb”
- Bonus Entry #2: Share this post on twitter (click the share icon below) leave a comment stating “I shared this on twitter”
Contest is open to residents of the USA. Contest begins Tuesday 7/3/2012 runs through Saturday 7/7/2012. You must be a follower of both pages to be eligible. Maximum number of contest entries is 3 (three), additional comments or tweets will not count for multiple entries. Winner will be notified via email used to leave comment and/or twitter or facebook. Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize else it will be forfeit and a new winner selected.
Disclaimer: Nounou’s Boutique provided the products for this giveaway and I was under no obligation to participate if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for a free product.
It’s the last Friday of Freebie Friday February and we are ending with a smaller lesser- known company that is anxious to throw their hat in the ring natural hair and body ring.
Be Beautiful Natural Products
Be Beautiful was kind enough to offer their Haircare Sample Kit which includes:
-Coco Delight Curl Cream (Cinna-Mint) (1oz)
-Hazel Delight Hair Butter (1oz)
-Sweet Melon Hair Replenisher (1oz)
To enter this giveaway:
- You must “like” both Be Beautiful and DERBY CITY NATURALS Facebook pages.
- Go to Be Beautiful’s website, check out their products, then leave a comment below on this post stating which of their hair or body products you would like to try.
- Bonus Entry: Tweet the phrase “Win @BeBeautifulNP Hair Products from @HereIsMySpout #DCNGiveaway http://wp.me/p1owB1-zy” then leave a comment letting me know you tweeted the phrase.
Contest is open to residents of the USA. Contest begins Friday 2/24/2012 runs through Thursday 3/1/2012. You must be a follower of both pages to be eligible. Maximum number of contest entries is 2 (two), additional comments or tweets will not count for multiple entries. Winner will be notified via email used to leave comment and/or twitter or facebook. Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize else it will be forfeit and a new winner selected.
Disclaimer: BeBeautiful provided the products for this giveaway and I was under no obligation to participate if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for a free product.
Jamaica Hut is happy to sponsor a Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil Product Giveaway which includes these three fabulous products!
-Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil 4oz
-Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo with Shea Butter 8oz
-Jamaican Black Castor Oil 4oz
To enter this giveaway:
- You must “like” both JAMAICA HUT and DERBY CITY NATURALS Facebook pages.
- Write on Jamaica Hut’s wall: “Enter me in the JAMAICA HUT and DERBY CITY NATURALS Giveaway”
You must be a follower of both pages to be eligible. One entry per person, additional posts will not count for multiple entries. This contest is open to US Residents only, it begins Friday Feb 17th 2012 and ends Thursday Feb 23th 2012 11:59 pm PST. One lucky winner will be announced on Jamaica Hut’s Facebook page on Friday Feb 24th 2012.
Disclaimer: Jamaica Hut provided this product and I was under no obligation to participate if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for a free product.