Original Coco Castile Soap
4 oz, ~$1
Available at drug and grocery stores
ing: Coconut soap, water, vegetable glycerin, coconut oil and natural fragrance.
You may remember that I did a bar soap challenge this Spring/Summer and while talking to a co-worker about it he recommended I check out this brand. He was so impressed that he actually purchased this bar for me and JK to try. Though it is not advertised this product is Kentucky Proud, meaning it is made in Kentucky, and you know I love to buy local when I can.
The product boasts that it contains no animal by-products, synthetic detergents, yet promises a rich creamy lather even in the hardest water. I actually received the scented version of this product which has a very mild scent, reminiscent of Ivory soap in my opinion. While I would prefer a nice floral or fruity scent I do like the simplicity of this product.
5 Things I Liked About This Product
- Its cheap. I mean let’s just be real not everyone want to pay a lot for products.
- Its natural. Vegan, no synthetics and simple ingredients you can pronounce.
- It worked. It got us clean and removed the everyday dirt and grime JK threw at it.
- Its readily available. Kirk’s products are available at nearly 100 stores across the nation including Ralph’s, Kroger, Safeway, Meijer’s etc.
- It lathers well. IMO it really is like a natural version of Ivory soap. It worked just fine with our hard water here in Kentucky.
This soap was not moisturizing, did not smell amazing and the 4 ounce bar did not last as long as other bars we tried. However it is still a great value for the price. I would recommend this bar to anyone looking for a standard soap bar at a value price. Kirk’s has other products including glycerin soaps, body wash, shampoo and conditioner so you may want to check those out. Check out their website above and like them on facebook.