Instead of setting hair goals for the year, most of which I break or conveniently forget before Summer is in full swing I have decided to set monthly goals. My hair goal for the month of March is to deep condition once a week using heat to ensure the best results. I am trying to love on this fro and take it from good to great which means going that extra mile that I may not always deem necessary. I do not deep condition my hair every week and I do not use heat even once a month so this is definitely an over an above action for me and I hope the results pay off. While deep conditioning is an easy enough thing to do, using heat can be annoying or just require more effort. That is where this tool comes into play and it has been an absolute time saver.
Hair Therapy Wrap
available at HairTherapyWrap.com, Amazon, CurlMart and other retailers
The Hair Therapy Wrap is cordless thermal turban heat wrap that provides gentle heat for up to 30 minutes. The heat encourages conditioners and other treatments to penetrate deep into the hair follicle. The HTW is simple and easy to use and can be reused many times. The gel pacs are warmed via microwave or stovetop. To use apply conditioning treatment to hair and cover with plastic cap, heat the gel pacs according to instructions, place the HTW over plastic cap, twist the the fabric at the base to form a snug fit and secure. Allow the HTW to condition your hair for up to 30 minutes then remove and rinse.
I was gifted my HTW from my friend LaManda, she is an awesome friend and has put me on many times love her. The first time I used it I was out of town at Monica’s house and this is how we discovered Monica’s microwave was broken because the gel pacs would not heat up. I used the stove top method to warm the gel pacs and have continued that way ever since because I don’t really trust microwaves to heat evenly. I have used this heat wrap at least ten times by now and every time I am pleased by how easy it is and the results I receive from my conditioning treatment.
5 Things I Love About This Product
- Ease of use. All you need to do is pop the gel pacs into a pot of boiling water for a few minutes or place the full assembly in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Makes light work of an old problem. I have a hooded dryer and I rarely use it. I hate having to pull it out and assemble it. It is noisy and I am restricted to staying in one place. With the Hair Therapy Wrap you just put in on and go on about your business.
- Its safe. In the past when I wanted a quick treatment but did not want to use my dryer I would heat a damp towel in the microwave then wrap it around my head. I have burned myself on the steam emitted from the towel, which was no bueno.
- Its reliable. The HTW will provide at least 30 minutes of heat to your hair.
- Its durable. I believe LaManda owned this HTW for at least 2 years before gifting it to me last year. This product is at least 3 years old and works great.
More than anything else: it works! Using this tool can take an average or okay deep conditioning treatment to amazing. My hair feels so much better after deep conditioning with this tool. And there is no cleanup, takedown or after use instructions. Just take it off your head and put it away, easy-peasy. There are some reviews out that complain about the wrap not fitting their head, the gelpacs not heating evenly or losing heat quickly. I have not experienced any of these issues. There are several different iterations of this tool so perhaps those were earlier versions. It fits over my huge head and all my hair. Like I stated previously I do not heat it in the microwave and perhaps that makes a difference when heating evenly and maintaining heat. I absolutely love the tool and the day it stops working I would buy another.