Camille Rose is [re] launching their Curl Maker product and they are celebrating with a party on InstaGram. Saturday 9/20 from 8 – 8 EST they will give away a full bottle of Curl Maker every hour! Follow them on IG @CamilleRoseNaturals and while you’re there follow me too @HereIsMySpout
Around a month ago I was contacted to review the new Motions Straight Finish product line and to host an in-store meetup in Memphis, TN. Check out my YT reviews of the product from curly to straight and back to curly again. In short I think this system worked really well in protecting my hair from heat while straightening and my curls came bouncing back in just one wash. For more info on where you can find these products check out Motion’s website.
My favorite thing about this blogging “fame” is to be able to assist people in their journey. And hosting the Curly 2 Straight Tennessee Meetup allowed me to do just that. I met and interacted with so many wonderful natural women and provide advice on styling, techniques and establishing a regimen. All in all we had a really amazing time, check out some of the pictures from the event below.
Me before the event rocking my “Nappy is Not A Bad Word” tee from Brokey McPoverty
Me + My girl Gabby
These two cuties are all natural and asked really good questions about hair
Auntie was working her fro *snaps*
Loved this twisted updo protective style
Naturals in Memphis had their fall colors poppin
So nice to meet Bianca, she is a sweetheart
The entire Motions Blogger + PR Crew, loved working with these ladies
If you would like to check out these products and you are in the Atlanta area check out bloggers Arkeedah of ItsArkeedah.com, Tarika of DrTSulli.com + friends at the
Motions Curly 2 Straight ATL Event
Thursday 10/17 at 4p-8p
6149 Old National Hwy College Park, GA
Or Enter this Giveaway to Win A Full Set of Motions Straight Finish Products:
- Like Motions on facebook
- Like Derby City Naturals on facebook
- Leave a comment answering the following question: Why are you excited to try Motions Straight Finish products?
Giveaway is open to US residents only. Giveaway begins Tuesday 10/15/2013 runs through Friday 10/18/2013. You must like and follow the pages listed above to be eligible. Maximum number of contest entries is 1 (one), additional comments do not count for multiple entries. Winner will be notified via email used to leave comment and/or facebook. Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize else it will be forfeit and a new winner selected.
This promotion is solely sponsored by Lunchbox and has not been endorsed by Motions or its subsidiaries or affiliates. By entering, you agree to look solely to Lunchbox or Derby City Naturals for any claims in connections therewith, and not to Motions or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Summer is firmly here and we have all had an awesome time traveling, vacationing, spending time at the lake or checking out an outdoor concert. And while we may be rocking a wash-n-go and living care free there are some things we cannot just ignore: our skin.
During the summer we are susceptible to bug bites, sunburn, dry skin (depending on climate), sweat and of course the dreaded breakouts. Luckily we’ve talked about good skin care before and I supplied some great tips from my Aesthetician Tracie. To keep your fabulous summer glow it is important that you exfoliate and Shea Moisture has an awesome line of body scrubs that will do the trick.
They have 5 awesome products to choose from
- Organic Olive & Green Tea – With a high content of healing Vitamin E and fatty acids, Olive Butter helps hydrate, repair and heal skin. Rich in powerful anti-oxidants and vitamins, Green Tea and Avocado protect skin and help regenerate skin cells.
- Organic Red Bush & Sage – Rich in alpha hydroxyl acid and zinc, Red Bush helps exfoliate and heal skin, while Sage’s anti-bacterial properties calm and balance skin.
- Organic Argan Oil & Raw Shea – Argan Oil hydrates and repairs dry skin thanks to its high content of Vitamin E. Frankincense & Myrrh offer anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that aid in healing dry, cracked skin.
- Organic Lavender & Wild Orchid – Combining the calming and soothing effects of Lavender with the restorative properties of Orchid Extract, this nourishing scrub also hydrates and heals.
- Organic Lemongrass & Ginger – This purifying and uplifting scrub uses Lemongrass to help balance skin and Ginger to relive joint stiffness and muscular pain, and improve circulation.
And after you exfoliate and cleanse you want to make sure you lotion up to keep that skin soft and moisturized. Luckily for us each body scrub has a body lotion in a complimentary scent. Products are available at your local Target, Walmart and Walgreens stores.
We are making this one super easy for you. It’s hot outside and who couldn’t use more fans? Become a fan of Derby City Naturals and Shea Moisture using the links below, then leave a comment letting me know your fb name and twitter handle used to follow.
- Like Shea Moisture on facebook
- Follow Shea Moisture @SheaMoisture4u on twitter
- Like Derby CIty Naturals on facebook
- Follow Derby City Naturals @DerbyCityNat on twitter
Giveaway is open to US residents only. Giveaway begins Tuesday 7/30/2013 runs through Friday 8/2/2013. You must like and follow the pages listed above to be eligible. Maximum number of contest entries is 1 (one), additional comments or tweets will not count for multiple entries. Winner will be notified via email used to leave comment and/or twitter or facebook. Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize else it will be forfeit and a new winner selected.
Giveaway prizes are provided by Shea Moisture and handled by J9PR. I was not paid to do this review and all opinions are my own.
Happy International Natural Hair Meetup Day, everyone! Today is the day that naturals from around the world will celebrate their decision to return to their roots and wear their hair natural. Kudos to everyone who has made that decision and those who are still working on it.
I am all set to host the Louisville, KY INHMD event tonite at 6:30 pm we are going to have a blast! One of our esteemed sponsors mainelement:love is hosting an Instagram giveaway for free products and it is easy to enter.
- Take a photo with your INHMD coupon code.
- Post the photo on Instagram with the hashtag #mainelementlove
- Tag the photo with @mainelementlove
That is it! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @HereIsMySpout. This is my personal ig acct so I post hair pics along with other random musings I have found.
Okay friends this is a super quick and easy giveaway only for facebook. Derby City Naturals is celebrating hitting 4k Likes and Entwine Naturalle Couture hitting 28k Likes on facebook. So as a little thank you here is the giveaway details.
- Like Derby City Naturals on facebook
- Like Entwine Naturalle Couture on facbook
- Write “Derby City Naturals sent me” on Entwine Naturalle Couture’s facebook wall.
This giveaway runs thru 11:59 pm tonight, 10/4/2012. Winners will be selected from entries on Entwine’s page. No purchase necessary. And of course, you must have a facebook profile to enter. Spread the word, tell a friend, good luck and thank you for supporting!
It’s the last Friday of Freebie Friday February and we are ending with a smaller lesser- known company that is anxious to throw their hat in the ring natural hair and body ring.
Be Beautiful Natural Products
Be Beautiful was kind enough to offer their Haircare Sample Kit which includes:
-Coco Delight Curl Cream (Cinna-Mint) (1oz)
-Hazel Delight Hair Butter (1oz)
-Sweet Melon Hair Replenisher (1oz)
To enter this giveaway:
- You must “like” both Be Beautiful and DERBY CITY NATURALS Facebook pages.
- Go to Be Beautiful’s website, check out their products, then leave a comment below on this post stating which of their hair or body products you would like to try.
- Bonus Entry: Tweet the phrase “Win @BeBeautifulNP Hair Products from @HereIsMySpout #DCNGiveaway http://wp.me/p1owB1-zy” then leave a comment letting me know you tweeted the phrase.
Contest is open to residents of the USA. Contest begins Friday 2/24/2012 runs through Thursday 3/1/2012. You must be a follower of both pages to be eligible. Maximum number of contest entries is 2 (two), additional comments or tweets will not count for multiple entries. Winner will be notified via email used to leave comment and/or twitter or facebook. Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize else it will be forfeit and a new winner selected.
Disclaimer: BeBeautiful provided the products for this giveaway and I was under no obligation to participate if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for a free product.
Jamaica Hut is happy to sponsor a Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil Product Giveaway which includes these three fabulous products!
-Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil 4oz
-Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo with Shea Butter 8oz
-Jamaican Black Castor Oil 4oz
To enter this giveaway:
- You must “like” both JAMAICA HUT and DERBY CITY NATURALS Facebook pages.
- Write on Jamaica Hut’s wall: “Enter me in the JAMAICA HUT and DERBY CITY NATURALS Giveaway”
You must be a follower of both pages to be eligible. One entry per person, additional posts will not count for multiple entries. This contest is open to US Residents only, it begins Friday Feb 17th 2012 and ends Thursday Feb 23th 2012 11:59 pm PST. One lucky winner will be announced on Jamaica Hut’s Facebook page on Friday Feb 24th 2012.
Disclaimer: Jamaica Hut provided this product and I was under no obligation to participate if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for a free product.
I love scarves. They are so incredibly versatile. Wear them around your neck, drape them over your shoulders, as a headscarf or just to add color to your outfit. When I was in Houston a few months back I was able to pick up a few of my favorite pashmina scarves and I grabbed an extra one to use as a giveaway item for just for my subbies!
If you have never worn a scarf or are not sure how to incorporate it into your wardrobe just start simple. In the picture above I am sporting Chescalocs “scarf as a necklace” which is a fun play on knotting your scarf. I also have a blog on how to tie up your hair and use your scarf as a head wrap. You can also google how to wear a scarf for more inspiration. ok so on with the giveaway. 1 lucky winner will receive a new plum (deep purple) pashmina scarf in original packaging. I purchased this scarf with my own dinero, there is no sponsor for this giveaway.
To enter the giveaway you must:
- Like Derby City Naturals on FB
- Subscribe to this blog
- Leave a comment on this post stating why you want to win
- Bonus Entry: Tweet the phrase “Win a Pashmina scarf from @HereIsMySpout #DCNGiveaway http://wp.me/p1owB1-yp” then leave a comment letting me know you tweeted the phrase.
Contest is open to residents of the USA. Contest begins Sunday 2/12/2012 runs through Thursday 2/16/2012. Maximum number of contest entries is 2 (two), additional comments or tweets will not count for multiple entries. Winner will be notified via email used to leave comment and/or twitter or facebook. Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize else it will be forfeit and a new winner selected.