The last weekend in April yields the largest natural hair event in the world, The World Natural Hair Show in Atlanta Georgia. This grand scale hair show, beauty pageant, educational seminar and shopping bizarre is truly a sight to behold. I have been to this show many times now and I still enjoy going even if I no longer attend all the events. Here are my top reasons why you should check out the WNHS.
5 Reasons You Should Attend World Natural Hair Show
- Glitz and Glamour. Last year I attended the crowing of the World’s Next Top Natural Hair Model because my friend and occasional stylist Te’Ana was a participant (she came in 3rd place). This was a beautiful event and if you like pageants you should definitely check it out.
- Knowledge is Power. There are several workshops that occur throughout the weekend some just for professionals but others that are open to everyone and you can learn a lot about caring for natural hair, products, and styling techniques.
- Meet the Bloggers. This is THE event in the natural hair world so it is no surprise that all your favorite bloggers and vloggers will be there. I always cherish the opportunity to meet my followers and fellow bloggers many of which live in different parts of the country. So if you see someone that looks familiar, stop them and speak! Bloggers are people too, and we love meeting all of you.
- We Like to Party. There are SO many parties surrounding this event. There is the official pre-party @ Tongue And Groove in Buckhead, there is also Natural Girls Rock Anniversary Party @ Coze Atlanta, plus the Natural Hair Freedom Brunch @ Joffreys Cafe, and Koils-N-Kocktails at Sage Naturalceuticals event. Besides all of this, it’s Atlanta, there is always something to do!
- Hair Products. The best part of the show in my opinion, is the shopping. Meeting and interacting with your favorite product manufacturers and being introduced to new companies you may have never heard of. There are tons of samples and live hair demos. There are also tons of DEALS. Check out my post from last year on how to make the most of your shopping experience, I tell all my secrets.
The World Natural Hair Show Spring 2013 takes place this weekend, Saturday 4/27 and Sunday 4/28 at Georgia International Convention Center 2000 Convention Center Concourse College Park, GA 30337. It is not too late to purchase tickets as they are sold at the door. This is an easy 6 hour drive from Louisville, I just did it solo in February, so grab a friend, fill up the tank and ride down if even for a day.