So there are two things I hate about twitter, okay probably more than two but let’s stay focused.
- The trolls who say really mean, hurtful and disgusting things to celebrities.
- The keyboard gangsters who only say things because they are in a virtual world that they would not dare say to a person face to face. Anonymity makes people bold.
And then this happened.
Oh yes. So some girl @RealBarbieSlutz sent a tweet to Solange stating she would be prettier if she had a relaxer. Obviously it was late and the girl was in need of a bedtime story so Solange graciously read her to sleep by telling this child to put a relaxer in her ignorant mouth. Go night-night.
Oh girl Solange just snatched all your rings. Womp, womp. I need y’all to know that when I read this tweet I literally jumped up off the couch and danced a jig in Solange’s honor. Yassssss! My life was just restored.
Let’s go over a few basic facts.
- Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not all thoughts should be uttered out loud.
- Never has random advice from a stranger been received well so stop giving it.
- Someone else’s personal style preferences are really none of your business.
- Watch how you treat people, because some are going to give you just what you deserve.
- Golden Rule: If you don’t have anything nice to say, shut your mouth.
I, like Solange, don’t care what you think about my natural hair. How I chose to wear the hair that grows out of my head is none of your business. The compliments are nice but honestly I take them with a grain of salt because I don’t wear my hair for the approval of others, I do this for me. I will afro, twist, wash-n-go, straighten, color and rod set as I see fit for the hair on my head. If you do not like it I suggest you avert your eyes child.