8 oz, $14.00
Available online at PuraBodyNaturals.com
ing: Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Ricinoleamido-propyltrimonium Methosulfate, Imidazolium Quat. Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lecithin, Vegatable Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Silk, Cocoa Powder, D-panthenol Phenoxyethanol, and Capryl Glycol
My curlfriend Nu and I both purchased this deep conditioner on Black Friday. While mine was safely stored away in my product closet awaiting its turn in queue, Nu calls me and announces, “I think my hair got pregnant!”. Say what now? She said “I used the Pura Body Naturals deep conditioner and it made love to my hair and now its pregnant!” Yes, it was that serious. Ok with the gauntlet thrown down I made a date to be romanced by Chocolate Hair Smoothie that weekend. How did it turn out? Well a lady never tells, but lets just say it quickly moved into permanent placement on my product shelf.
5 Things I Like About This Product
- First 5 Dream Team. My hair loves water, aloe, BTMS, Cetyl Alcohol and butters. Whenever I have encountered a product with these ingredients as the first five it has been love!
- It has protein but it doesn’t react with my protein sensitive hair. However this does not feel or act like there is any protein in it for me. My hair does not reap the benefits nor consequences of protein present and that is just fine with me.
- It has a great balance of moisturizers to emollients. My hair feels soft and moisturized. I can use it as a styler for a conditioner-only wash-n-go and my hair does not dry out after a few hours.
- It has good slip. I have finger detangled my hair with this product and was able to slide out the knots and shed hair without ripping out the rest of my hair.
- It smells and looks darn delicious just like chocolate pudding. I have been tempted to taste it. However I have it on good authority that it tastes awful, but I won’t say how I know.
You may be wondering on this product compares to another popular chocolaty-delicious deep conditioner–B.A.S.K. Cacao Bark Deep Conditioning Treat. Well they do both smell and look like chocolate dessert and both have rich fatty ingredients however they are not equal. BASK CBDCT has a butterier, thicker texture and should be applied to hair after emulsifying it a little in your hands. PBN CHS has more slip, contains protein, and is light enough to be an everyday conditioner. Both are absolutely great products but they are not exactly interchangeable.