So back in the day my Granny had us using
Vaseline err, Petroleum Jelly for everything! Well a lot of us are now swearing off petroleum derived products like petroleum jelly, hair grease, etc and for you I have a recipe for Non-Petroleum Jelly which is super easy to make see video here. But aside from sealing your ends or greasing your scalp what are you going to do with it?
Here Are 13 Tips for Using Non-Petroleum Jelly
- After shower or bath apply to your feet and cover with cotton socks. You will wake up to softer feet in the morning.
- Rub a bit on your knees and elbows to knock out the ashy and dry skin.
- Rub into the cuticles on your fingers to keep them soft and to help prevent hang nails.
- Apply a tad bit over your teeth before taking pictures to help your teeth bling (yep, I was in theater when I was younger)
- Place a dab on your shoes and rub with an old cloth to add a quick shine.
- Apply around your hairline to prevent hair color from bleeding onto your neck, ears and face.
- Use it to remove adhesive from hair bond or eyelash glue.
- Apply on skin between the thighs or other areas to help prevent chaffing.
- Apply to cotton ball to remove stubborn makeup.
- Mix with epsom salt, sea salt, and/or sugar and your favorite scents to create a bath scrub.
- Mix with sugar-free Kool-Aid powder for kid friendly lip gloss.
- Apply to cotton swap and place a little in your nasal passage to keep moist and help prevent nose bleeds.
- Apply to fingertip and rub over squeaky door jam to lubricate and eliminate squeaking.
So those are my tips on how to use non-petroleum jelly, what have you used it for?