I love handcrafted items. I would love to tell you that I made this slouch beenie myself, but that would be a lie. I snagged this crafty cap from the fabulous Nounous Boutique. I have bragged on this company before, but I think when someone does something right you should let the world know. I am both a knitter and crotcheter and I have been doing it long enough to recognize a quality item; this item is very well made.
5 Things I Love About This Product
- The band is thick and secures the beenie your your head. The stitching is forgiving enough to accommodate a large dome such as my head.
- It is so freaking warm. The last couple weeks it has been cold enough to snow (although it hasn’t) and I have trusted my slouch beenie to keep my head warm–it did not disappoint.
- It is accommodating for big hair. I wore this over a wash-n-go and was able to stuff all my hair up in there.
- The cute slouchy design guarantees a good fit on your head without creating that mushroom hat look–ya’ll know what I’m talking about when your hat is too small for your hair.
- Its made of soft acrylic yarn which is safe and gentle on your hair (this is the same type of yarn used in yarn locs). It’s machine washable (on gentle) and just lay it flat to dry.
To win your very own Slouch Beenie from Nounou’s Boutique you must do the following:
- Like Derby City Naturals on FB
- Like Nounous Boutique on FB
- Visit Nounous Boutique website and leave a comment on this post letting me know which color beenie you would like to win.
- Bonus Entry: Tweet the following phrase “Win a @NounousBoutique Slouch Beenie from @HereIsMySpout #DCNGiveaway http://wp.me/p1owB1-x4” then leave a comment stating that you tweeted the phrase.
Contest is open to residents of the USA. Contest begins Friday 2/3/2012 runs through Thursday 2/9/2012. Maximum number of contest entries is 2 (two), additional comments or tweets will not count for multiple entries. Winner will be notified via email used to leave comment and/or twitter or facebook. Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize else it will be forfeit and a new winner selected.
In other great news: Nounou’s Boutique is also having a 25-40% off sale on select natural hair products so go check them out!
Disclaimer: Nounou’s Boutique provided this product and I was under no obligation to participate if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for a free product.
*Winner Announced: Congrats to DeAnna Coles, you are the giveaway winner*