$10 for 8 oz
ing: Herbal infusion of Rooibos Tea (Aspalathus linearis), Liquid African Black Soap (Distilled water, Saponified Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter and Virgin Palm Kernel (Elaeis guineensis) Oil), Decyl Polyglucose (from corn), African Wild Honey, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Essential Oils (Sweet Orange and Ylang Ylang).
If you have ever wandered the health and beauty aisles of Whole Foods Market you have undoubtedly seen this product. I first encountered it early in my natural hair journey. After making this decision to go natural I continued using my standard shampoo and found it left my hair super dry and crunchy. I went to the mecca, Whole Foods, for something more natural and the associate told me to check out this product. The great thing about WF is that if you do not like a product you can return it no questions asked for a full refund. #win
I do not want to reinvent the wheel on proper cleansing of hair, but I will reiterate that I wash my scalp and not my hair. That is apply shampoo directly to my scalp and focus on cleansing it thoroughly. The agitation of my fingers forms suds that then runs down the length of my hair. I love this shampoo because it is gentle enough for daily use, has great ingredients and cleanses without stripping.
5 Things I Love About This Product
- The products are vegan friendly, gluten free, fair trade, not tested on animals, paraben and petroleum free, AND 10% of all sales are donated to community empowerment of women in West Africa.
- Cleanses using African Black Soap which I find to be a great cleanser but sometimes difficult to use in soap form.
- There are 7 different shampoo varieties to treat your hair/scalp issues.
- A little goes a long way.1 bottle typically lasts me 6-9 months when washing my hair weekly.
- It is gentle and moisturizing enough that I do not have to condition my hair afterward with a separate rinse-out conditioner.
The Shea & Honey is a protein conditioner. Although I am protein sensitive I have found that oat protein does not bother my hair. My favorite is the Coconut & Shea Daily Hydrating Shampoo, it is protein free but does contain glycerin which my hair loves. I have also tried the Neem & Shea Scalp Recovery Shampoo which is excellent for those with itchy scalps or other issues. I would like to try the henna and coffee versions next. I would recommend that all curlies check out this slept-on brand.
You can find this on Alaffia’s website, Whole Food Stores or locally at Natural Alternatives Salon.