8 oz, $12
Available at Darcy’s Botanicals or locally at Go Natural Hair & Body Boutique
I’m a huge fan of Darcy’s Botanicals! I fell in love with these products last year when I picked up a few products through great Black Friday deals. This conditioner is an AMAZING moisturizer that I would recommend to all: natural, transitioning, loc’d or relaxed it is simply the business!
ing: Distilled Water, BTMS (a mild conditioning emulsifier), Pumpkin Seed Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Japanese Camellia Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Botanical Oil Complex, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol and Fragrance
This is meant to be a rinse out conditioner but it is one of those products that once it’s in your hair you don’t want to let it go so I use it as a leave-in. I have used it on a wash-n-go on wet hair on its own for soft touchable hair or under a gel. It works great on twists and braids on wet or dry hair. I have also used it to moisturize my hair after a blow-out for daily hydration.
5 Things I Love About This Product:
- It has great ingredients and unlike other products does not claim to be natural (or organic) by throwing a drop of oil in as the last ingredient, it is really full of good stuff.
- It is affordable and priced just right. I use a $10 rule for most products meaning $10 worth of product should be enough to last me a month and this product fits the bill.
- It smells amazing-that is if you like pumpkin- and I do, do, d-o *in my Kel voice* yummy!
- It is a light moisturizer that is perfect for varying porosity and texture.
- It pairs great with other products whether it is under a gel, coupled with a butter, or a shine spray.
Epilogue: I forgot a few more awesome things
- This product is thick and is not wet or runny at all which is why I can use it on dry styles or blow-outs without reversion. It has an awesome punch applicator which allows you to squeeze out the right amount. If you squeeze some on your finger, then turn your finger up-side-down it will not move, however it goes on light and absorbs well into the hair.
- A special note just for protein-sensitive (PS) curlies. This product is fabulous and does not make my hair revolt in anger. It does have coconut oil so if your hair hates coconut oil perhaps you should try a sample before purchasing. I don’t have a problem with coconut oil so I cannot say how it will effect you. It also has hydrolyzed oat protein, 4th from the last ingredient, but my hair works in harmony with it. So if you are PS I would recommend you chill with the side-eye at the protein ingredients and give it a try.