Ok, I’ll admit it. Just because I know better doesn’t mean I always do better. While I have no problem consulting others on going natural, what to do with their natural hair, what products to use, etc. I myself don’t always follow my own advice. *gasp*
- While I have said numerous times never to scratch your scalp as you will only further irritate, spread and/or introduce bacteria [and whatever else is under your finger nails] to the area; there is always one spot in the back of my head that itches and I scratch it like crazy. I know that by scratching I am only making it worse but dang it those 10 seconds of relief are worth it.
- I cut at my hair for no reason at all. If I see a frayed end, a curl that doesn’t quite fit or I don’t like the way my hair is laying: I cut it. The problem is I rarely let a professional do it so there are some parts of my head that are uneven due to my recent scissor attack.
- I hate SSK’s which I get often regardless of what I do to prevent them and if there are not any scissors around I snap them out of my hair. Yes, I know this is horrible and leads to split-ends, but I can’t stand knowing that they are there.
- While I moisturize my hair daily I don’t always seal. Why? Well cuz some days I just don’t care, other days I’m just too lazy.
- I don’t always protect my hair when sleeping. When I’m at home I use a satin pillowcase so I don’t have to wrap up my hair. I will remember to take it with me on vacation, however if I am just staying the night at a friend’s home it’s not happening. I own over 5 head scarves and I could put one in my car for this kind of situation but I won’t.
So those are my current bad hair habits you can read my previous confessions here. What are some of your bad hair habits?