1. Find your hair twin (someone who has a texture similar to yours) that way you can learn from their experience on what styles work best and how to do them. (Note: just because someone has the same hair texture does NOT mean you will find success in the same products.)
2. Buy samples of a product before throwing $20 on a jar that doesn’t work for you.
3. Join different natural communities and read the message boards. You can benefit a lot from the mistakes of others.
4. Don’t forget to trim your ends regularly.
5. Deep condition often.
6. Don’t be afraid to try new things.
7. Be confident in your decision. Others will recognize it and will put them at ease.
8. Learn to listen to your hair, it will tell you what it needs.
9. Know that no product can be your everything.
10. When all else fails, ROCK THE FRO!