Kiss My Face
8 oz for $8.99
Kiss My Face Upper Management gel is a medium hold styling gel containing certified botanical ingredients to nourish hair. Formulated to keep hair under control naturally and perfect for all hair types. Alcohol, paraben and phthlate free product that contains no artificial colors or fragrances.
ing: Purified, Deionized Certified Organic Floral Water of Nettle, Calendula and Chamomile, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid derived), Yeast Extract, Panthenol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Grapefruit Extract.
This gel has a great non-flaking formula that does not leave the dreaded white residue on hair. It does have a medium hold so the hair can dry a little crispy. It is most often used layered over a good leave-in or moisturizer like Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia or similar product that will add a layer of moisture and help minimize the crunch. This styler is great for wash-n-go styles but I have also heard of naturals using it on comb coils and 2-Strand Twists using the same products.
5 Things I Like About This Product:
- Mucilage base. Nettle and other herbs when added to water make a snotty/slimy concoction that my hair just loves.
- It contains grapefruit makes a light pleasant scent.
- Medium viscosity, not too thick or too thin but right in the middle. It squeezes out of the bottle nicely.
- Non-sticky. I do not like the sticky feeling on my hair it drives me crazy so this product is perfect.
- On the ground. You can pick this product up from Target, Whole Foods, Rainbow Blossom, even the natural section of some grocery stores.
I really like this product it is a great gel for a winning wash-n-go combo (moisturizer+gel=awesome hair). It behaves well with lots of moisturizers and I did not have any strange reactions. A warning for my protein sensitive peeps as this does contain some protein (amino acid and yeast) however they are low on the ingredients list so you may not have an issue. I applied the product with a light hand, but if you do use extra and find your hair crunchy after drying add a little oil or butter on top to remove the crispiness.