Oversized Shower Cap
$19.99 available online only
From the website: Got big or long hair? Is it hard to fit your hair into a regular shower cap? Our Oversized Shower Cap is the perfect solution! Big enough to accomodate curls, braids and locks. Fabric lined to reduce frizz – helping your blow-outs to last even longer!
So yes this is just a really just a big @ss shower cap, but it is probably the last shower cap you will ever need to buy.
5 Things I Like About This Product
- The product is made from quality vinyl that is thicker than most shower curtain liners. It definitely stands up against the pressure of the most sophisticated showerhead.
- As a DIYer I dabble in sewing among other things and can tell you that this product has some quality assembly. Even my mother was impressed by the stitch work.
- You don’t have to have a satin lined shower cap but I will admit it is just fancy and I like it.
- Because this product is so well made you can easily share it between member in your household because it is going to hold up against repeat use.
- Perfect for large fros or long locs which means as your hair grows this product will continue to accommodate your increase in length or volume.
Areas for Improvement
- While I find the size of this product awesome, my smedium size fro does not even begin to fill its cavity. I wish it had a small button for those with less hair so we could shrink it down to size then open up once needed.
- The silk tag is a cute touch however my mother found that it actually draws water inside when it gets wet which defeats the purpose of wearing a shower cap. I did not notice on my hair whether it was because my hair soaked up the water or the tag just didn’t get wet. My mother however who is relaxed did notice. I have notified the manufacturer and she is working on correcting this issue.
All in all I think it is an awesome product and well worth the $20 price point. I used it not only as a showercap to keep water from my hair, but I also flipped it inside out when doing an overnight DC and it kept the moisture in my hair and off my pillow. That alone was worth the price for me.
Disclaimer: Silky Wraps provided this product to review free of charge and I was under no obligation to participate if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for a free product.