$5 for 2 oz stick
Jasmine, Lavender, Peppermint Lemongrass, Patchouli, Orange scents
ing: shea butter, arrowroot powder, baking soda, essential oil fragrance.
I know simple ingredients list right? That is one of the reasons I switched to using natural deodorants. I wanted to simplify my life by using more natural products with ingredients I could recognize. I also wanted to move away from antiperspirants that contain harmful ingredients that may be cancer causing. I made that switch for good over 3 years ago. And while I have not regretted my decision, there have been times that I have been less than fresh and that is not okay. Along this path of hits and misses I was happy about Melodic Elements which is not only Kentucky proud and a Louisville original, it is a Black female owned small business *triple word score* [full disclosure the owner is a friend of mine].
5 Things I Love About This Product
- Simple all natural ingredients. There are several natural deodorants on the market but many of them contain a long list of ingredients that I have to research. I love that the ingredients listed are readily understood.
- Smells divine. I purchased the Jasmine scent for myself and the Peppermint for my son. They both smell very pleasant but are not overwhelming.
- It works. More than wanting to use a natural product I need the product to actually work and this one does. All day long. It has been proven by lasting all day on my pre-teen son. He no longer smells like “outdoor” when he comes home from school.
- It lasts. I can apply this deodorant in the morning and get at least 12 hour wear. Actually I just smelled myself and I still smell good so make that 14 hour wear.
- The applicator. I just don’t care for scooping out deodorant with my fingers, I need an applicator. Not only does it come in an applicator but it works and does not get stuck.
In addition to these things the shea butter base formula glides on easy no crumbing or caking and it absorbs well into the skin. I have not had any issue with build up or yellowing on the inside of my shirts. I still exfoliate under my arms weekly before shaving but I have not had a concern of build up. I will repurchase this product again and plan to soon actually because I am almost out however one stick lasted for 2+ months.