I stumbled across this product one late night on one of the many natural hair message boards I follow. What immediately grabbed my attention was the low-waste packaging the product is sold in. I did a google search for the product and my interest was immediately perked with the ingredients list of the conditioner. The owner Marina was sweet enough to send me a package of the Blensblend 3-in-1 Conditioner, Blensblend Hair & Body Butter and Blensblend Charmeuse Silk Sleep Cap.
Blensblend 3-in-1 Conditioner
8.5 oz $9.25
Ing: Purified Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Behetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol (conditioning alcohol), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), (Vegetable) Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF, Cetyl Alcohol NF (conditioning alcohol), Avena Sativa (Oat) Extract, Prunus Ameniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Benzoic Acid, Dehyroacetic Acid, Fragrance (Natural Essential Oils), Potassium Sorbate. Caprylyl Glycol and Sorbic Acid may be substituted for Benzoic Acid and Dehydroacetic Acid. *May contain trace amounts of Shea butter.
Blensblend 3-in-1 Conditioner claims to be a detangler, rinse-out and leave-in conditioner all in one. Water based conditioner is formulated with Grape seed oil, BTMS, Cetearyl Alcohol, and Pro-Vitamin B-5. It is also contains Oat Protein, which is an okay protein for my protein sensitive hair but other PS curlies need to be advised that while it is not a strong protein it is still present. I have used this product twice, once as a rinse-out conditioner, then again as a deep conditioner and a leave-in conditioner.
5 Things I Like About This Product
- The packaging. I mean it is the whole reason I paid any attention to the product to begin with. The flexible pouches mean low waste and they can be shipped in variety of ways which means diversity in shipping costs for the consumer. Win!
- The ingredients. This product is very well formulated with quality, vegan ingredients. I love that it is free of mineral oil, petrochemicals, phthalates and as an added plus is not tested on animals.
- Super concentrated. This product is very thick and you truly only need a small amount to apply to the hair. I used between a nickel to a quarter-sized amount per each quadrant of my head.
- Great for variety of hair types. I don’t think this product will be an everything product for everyone, but I think everyone will use it for something. For those with dry, thirsty hair it will work great as a leave-in to quench your curls. For those who need a quick shot of moisture use as a rinse-out. I really loved it as a deep conditioner; honestly it was so good I did not want to rinse it out.
- Great value. Just over $1 per ounce this meets my standard for boutique product. Especially considering this product can be used for multiple types of conditioners it is a great deal.
I am very pleased with this product and I will be adding it to my list. I will keep you guys updated on sales and deals so you can check it out. One thing to note is to make sure you add the product to soaking wet hair, it is very concentrated and the water will help distribute it amongst your strands. For me after I deep conditioned I only partially rinsed out the product and used the residual as a leave in to twist my hair with a little oil on top to seal in moisture.