Spoiler alert: this product is the best damn detangler I have ever used. If you do not have a problem with knots, naps and snarls do not bother reading this. If you can use just about any conditioner to detangle your hair, then this product is a waste of your time. If you do not sometimes get lazy and put off detangling your hair for a couple weeks (or months) just close this window. But if you do have these problems, keep reading.
Mango Dip Detangling Slip
8 oz $16
Available online at Soultanicals.com
ing: Distilled Water Botanically Infused with Nettle, Horsetail, Coltsfoot, Comfrey, Slippery Elm, Blue Malva, Chamomile Flowers, Certified Organic Aloe Juice, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Olivate/ Sorbitan Olivate, Mango Butter, Flaxseed Gel, Mango Extract, Vegetable Glycerine, Crambe Seed Oil, Brocolli Seed Oil, Pracaxi Oil, Jojoba Oil, Pro Vitamin B5, Olive Squalane, Natural, Fragrant & Essential Oil Blends, Potassium Sorbate, Black Willow Bark Extract, Citric Acid, & an extra dip of LOVE!
I need to edit my holy grail list and when I do this product goes right to the top. I have tried to write this review several times but I cannot put into words the way I feel about it. It is like someone asking you, “How did you know your husband was the one you would marry?” Umm, you just know. This product is an amazing detangler, an effective conditioner that works both as deep conditioner and a rinse-out, however why would you want to rinse it out, which leads to the third point that it is a dope leave in conditioner as well. Blah, blah, blah… I love it!
5 Things I Love About This Product
- First off it has an ingredients list that won’t quit. Botanical herbs of Nettle, Horsetail, Coltsfoot, Comfrey, Slippery Elm and Blue Malva are all mucilage inducing which make great additions to hair products for us kinky and curly girls. Then you add Aloe Juice, BTMS and Cetearyl Olivate a fantastic trio for moisturizing and conditioning. Top it off with great oils and butters and you have greatest conditioning product ever.
- It really detangles. Listen, listen, listen, Linda. Section your hair, apply the product and wait while it really does melt away the tangles, toils and snares. We are talking amazing grace, honey.
- After using this conditioner I don’t feel like I need to deep condition my hair. I have not stopped deep conditioning, but I do not do it as often as I did before. True story.
- Plays well with other products. I have used this as a leave in conditioner under 6 different gels from other product lines and it worked well with all of them.
- Size matters. It also comes in a larger 16 ounce bottle with a pump. Mama likes a good pump bottle it makes detangling in the shower with wet hands super easy.
This product has my stamp of approval. It is a bit pricey, 8 oz for $16 is a $2 per ounce price point which I will admit was a big turn-off, but then it went on sale and I gave it a try. I am not disappointed. As a three-in-one product I don’t feel it is too expensive because it is doing the job of multiple products all at once. The scent is just okay. It smells of a herbal/floral combo which is fine I could really take it or leave it. Oh and this conditioner is protein free, shout with me protein sensitive curlies :) The customer service I received from Soultanicals the three times I ordered was impeccable. Quality products + great service = customer for life.